Thursday, September 4, 2008

Three Desdarii?

I was fairly certain that I was being inventive and original when naming my character. I'm a little disappointed to find out that according to the Armory there are three Desdarii characters. There's no way for me to tell who made their character first but one is level 16 and the other is level 41 so it at least appears that if nothing else, I'm a faster leveler.

It got me thinking about how did they come about having the same name as me. I have a couple possible solutions I thought up to answer this.
  • Did they also just come up with this name?
    If so, then I should think them people I could be friends with. Who else could just come up with such a wonderful character name?
  • They stole it from me!
    Yeah, not putting to much into that theory. It's a unique name but it's hardly pretty or particularly interesting sounding. I'm certain there are better names to borrow out there.
  • Perhaps I stole it!
    If it's a name from a character either from a game or a book I can honestly say I was unaware of it. I genuinely thought I had made this name up.
  • Blizzard stole it!
    Only other idea I have is maybe Blizzard stores used names and spits them into their random name generator for others to use. These other two maybe just choose the name from a suggestion. I have no idea if this is really how it works but it's an interesting concept.

Only remaining question I have is: what is the plural version of Desdarii?

3 comments:

krizzlybear said...

Plural form would probably be spelt the same as the singular, but pronounced differently. The plural would be des-DAR-eye, while the singular would be des-DAR-ee. That's the way I picture it.

Don't worry about having multiples of your name on the armory; be wary if they're all the same race/class/spec. You may have a stalker if such is the case.

Anonymous said...

I think the plural would be Desdariii. :D

Aurdon said...

Aurdon is something simply spit out from the Blizzard name generator that I used in Beta. Any other Aurdon's other then the 70 Mage on Kel'thuzad are not me.

As a funny side note, there was an Exaurdon (Troll mage) in my Battlegroup at one time. I whispered to him telling him how he is my doppelganger and my sworn enemy. He was very confused. Anyway, wowarmory only shows 2 Exaurdons now...no idea what happened to that chap.