Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Strange Brewfest Bug

This morning I attempted to do the brewfest dailies before I had to shuffle off to work and was completely unsuccessful. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or if I'm just unlucky.

For some reason the "Bark for the Barleybrews!" quest would not give me credit for my barking efforts. I made it all the way through Ironforge and returned to the festival with at least 53 seconds still on the timer so I wasn't too slow but instead of a happy yellow question mark I was faced with a grayed out one.

At first I thought it was me. I just ran around and didn't pay attention to what I was doing. I scrolled up through the text box and I saw that I did bark 4 times.

I thought it a fluke and tried again. It didn't matter how many times I ran past the Ironforge bank and said positive things about the Barleybrews, I would not get credit for the location.

So I decided to put in a ticket. It's really going to mess with my plans to pick up brewfest goodies if I can't do one of the dailies!

3 comments:

krizzlybear said...

Strange thing happened to me too. I was doing the daily on Wimzig, and it just wouldn't work. Fortunately, he took his misfortune out on himself, pounding away at mug after mug of ale.

I hope they fix it soon, though!

Anonymous said...

Well I can say to not bother making a ticket. Not 5 seconds after logging out I got the cookie cutter response of:

This quest is working and here's some tips
1) Read the quest log
2) GM's can't help you with quests
3) Abandon it and try again
4) Ask players to help you

What the frick! If you had read my ticket you would of known that I have done this quest daily and it's not like I don't know what I'm doing. I said I did abandon it and I wasn't asking the GM for help.

I thought since I tried right after daily reset there might have been an issue and I was trying to help before others found the same problem.

Ah well.

Anonymous said...

That happened to me once. Then I realized I was still in the raid from the previous night.

Good luck figuring it out, it's no good that you can't get credit for the quests. After all, credit = tokens and tokens = fun!