Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Missing a Raid

Yesterday I was really worn out and feeling weepy for no reason (yay hormones?). When I got home from work I asked Keste what he thought our team would say if I took a night off to get some much needed rest. He assured me it would be fine just our raid leader know and go get some sleep.

I had wanted to log in anyway to see if the innkeeper would give me any more masks or just a handful of more toothpicks I don’t need. I got lollipops. I sent a whisper to our raid leader and he of course was very cool with it. He told the others who started whispering me to feel better and don’t worry about it.

That’s when the guilt set in.

I believe I was starting to annoy Keste with questions like, “Are you sure you guys will find a replacement? I could try to stay up.” To which he repeatedly and more instantly each time told me to go to bed.

I don’t know why I felt so guilty. I think it was because there was nothing really wrong with me. I wasn’t sick. I wasn’t having technical problems or away from my PC. I was tired which sounded like such a lame excuse. Then all the well wishes of my good friends just compounded me into thinking I was letting them down. I've never claimed my brain makes sense.

I did get over it though. I wasn’t just tired. I was exhausted. I figured that I probably wouldn’t have been of any real use to them anyway.

I shuffled to bed and read for a short while before I conked out. Today I can tell you it was a good choice on my part. I slept almost 11 hours last night and I woke up feeling much more energetic. It was something my body needed and I’m glad I have such good friends to make sure I get what I need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay hormones! Hope you're feeling better. Good call for the GM and the other guildies.

The worst thing that one can do is to piss off a pregnant lady.