Friday, February 13, 2009

Love Anxiety!

The “Love is in the Air” event began on Wednesday and I have of course been devoting 100% of my time to it. Keste says he even knows better than to ask if I want to do something else and has gone off to do his dailies without me.

I’ve got two days of the event completed now and I have to say I am doing pretty well. I am only 3 achievements away from my title.

The first one on the list I just need to get into a dungeon. I honestly have been working on hitting everyone with arrows and rose petals and tossing out friendship bracelets. I’m not too worried about getting my bouquet. I'm fairly certain a certain bear will help me go in and get what I desire.

However, the other two have got me starting to bite my nails a bit. I mean, this event is only around until Monday and I’ve only received 1 love rocket and it was from a quest. I haven’t even seen a bag of candies, yet. I’m really trying, too! I’m getting an adoration gift as often as possible. I’ve even taken to logging in before heading to work because it’s one more gift package I can get.

I have a back up plan for the love rocket. The Gift Giving quest hands out your choice of gifts upon completion and one of those is a set of 5 rockets. First time I did this quest I took the rose petals so I could finish Fistful of Love. That was obviously a mistake as I have plenty of those, I should have taken the rockets to begin with. If need be I can repeat the quest 2 more times and get the 10 rockets I need. It will be a pain but at least it’s do-able.

That leaves the Be Mine! achievement. From what I read it seems that most of the time you will need at least two of the bag of candies in order to get all 8 candies required. I’m getting nervous since I’m really trying and haven’t gotten any to date.

Hopefully I can get what I need. I would be seriously bummed if I missed this event due to bad luck with a drop rate and have to wait a whole year to try again! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Dodge said...

I guess it's a good thing that we have Monday off! That means 2 all-nighters to get this achievement done.

And no folks, she's not doing it for the protodrake... She's doing it for the title and the achievement itself.

Crazy? Maybe.

Loveable? Definitely!

krizzlybear said...

I've gone online at the top of every hour of each day since the holiday began, just to get the adoration. Up until now, I've only gotten THREE bags of candy, and I'm still missing ONE phrase for the whole shebang.

On the other hand, I've already opened TWO dresses and the pet. What in the bloody hell is blizzard thinking? This is the Hallow's End masks all over again!

Anonymous said...

Luckily, I finished the candies right before I posted this - I was worrying about achieving it in time. The rest of the stuff I have yet to do (the bouquet, Love Fool, Peddlefeet) shouldn't be too hard. Or just sheer dumb luck.